Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Letter to the Family received 6/21/09

RoseE writes:

"Dearest Mum et al,

Thank you so much for the wonderful package! Chocolate is splendid. :)* But I'm most grateful for the photos. I'm putting them in my take-it-with-me-everywhere photo album, so I can show everyone I meet my family, my kitchen, my dogs, my cat, my yard, bagpipes (bagpipes are very hard to explain to Koreans) . . . my whole life. . .

I'm also enclosing a myongham--that's a card, like a business card or calling card. All the missionaries make them and stick them in one another's journals. They're a Korea thing. This particular myongham is Elder Sindow's. I don't really know him, but I'm sending it because it has the dragon Bethe requested. He had to hike a long way uphill to a temple to get the shot, which I can't do right now 'cuz I have to do missionary stuff, so I am taking advantage of his effort. A genuine Korean dragon. The test says "Dream of the dragon"; dreaming of a dragon is supposed to be good luck.

If anyone else wants a specific picture of something, I'll do my best to oblige. . .

I continue to be perfectly safe, and seemingly more comfortable than all y'all getting soaked to the skin at bagpiping events judged by dementors. It's getting summer, and I'm faithfully using sunscreen, but we haven't yet hit the infamous boil-you-alive Korean summer. Only a matter of time, I guess.

Spend lots of time at the library where it's cool.

Love ya,

RoseE"



* :) Despite having some skill in drawing, and using a pen and paper, RoseE still wrote the smiley sideways, as if she was using a computer without a drawing program.

No comments:

Post a Comment