Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Letter to Bethe 5/25/09

RoseE writes:

"Dear Bit,

Hi! How are you doing? How is school, and swimming? I am so jealous that you get to swim all the time. Even if missionaries could go swimming, we still couldn't because I have not yet seen a swimming pool here. To get exercise here, every day I go outside my apartment and jump up and down for twenty minutes. Really. My companion sleeps in, so we cannot go downstairs to exercise, and I can't jump rope because the noise bothers the neighbors. It is the most boring exercise ever.

I keep looking for a good dragon to take a picture of for you, but we always go by them too fast. I will try to get one soon.

I met a girl in Yeonsan ward yesterday who is the same age as you. Her name is Lee JiHeon (her family name is Lee and her given name is Jiheon). In Korea, being the same age makes you automatic friends (really. The word for friend, chingu, means "person who is the same age") so she has decided that you are her friend and she wants your e-mail address. If you send it to me, I will give it to her and maybe she will e-mail you.

Thank you so much for your letters. They always make me smile. I am glad to hear from you and to know what you are doing. I hope that you're happy and that you're doing okay in school, and I miss you every day.

Love,

RoseE"

No comments:

Post a Comment